Sunday, June 17, 2007

Teachers.....always a demand????


Okay...so everytime I tell someone I am a teacher....or that I have my teaching degree...or whatever, the usual response is something like this,"Oh..that is so good. There is always a need for teachers....always a shortage." Well, I beg to differ!!! I have been mapping out schools to go to tomorrow...and I plan to go in, introduce myself, hand them my resume...and try to make a good impression. This is not the way this is suppose to work! There is suppose to be a desperate need for teachers...not teachers desperate for a job. So....anyway...start praying as I go door to door and try to somehow make a good enough impression in less than five minutes that some principal will say..."I want her at out school." I will update you on the success of my trek tomorrow. I am doing on district tomrrow and another district Tuesday. ......And I applied for 4 jobs online today. Aggghhhhhh! PRAY..please! ............

1 comment:

christine_aggie said...

Oh, Stacey!! I know exactly what you are talking about!! With me having a Special Ed Certification, everyone would say "you will find a job easily!". Well, it wasn't easy! After many applications, job fairs, and resumes posted, I felt discouraged and rejected. BUT keep the faith, my dear friend... because next month I will begin teaching at Clear Creek High School, and without a doubt, you will find a job too! You are a smart, deeply-compassionate, capable woman of God and He has a perfect place for you... in His perfect time... just keep on keepin’ the faith. ;)