Wednesday, June 13, 2007

....................


Well, the above photos are of my mother in law and I on the red carpet. We were at Universal Studios Hollywood. Lots of fun!!! But only moments after being there I became aware of how unintentionally mean I can be. You see, as soon as we got into the park...we saw the House of Horrors to which I said...."Oh, Lets do this one!" Let me also say that I absolutely HATE to be scared. I know hate is a very strong word.....but almost not strong enough to describe how much I dislike it when I am scared...especially suddenly. Well, Ryan tries to scare me and when we went into this horrifying house thing he was not in the protective husband mode....and I trusted his mom more. So, arm in arm we walked through the haunted house. And over and over...scary people and creatures jumped out chased and grabbed us. Each time we screamed....really screamed!! We also would cling tightly to each other. But then I noticed...I was not only clinging to Mrs. Janie I was jumping behind her while pushing her to face whatever creature it was. So, I forced her to protect me. She was scared too....but it never dawned on me to help or protect her......these horrors were quick and spontaneous....I had no time to think....and naturally I just took action to protect myself.
I felt so bad afterwards....I mean...what a horrible daughter in law! But you know I think that putting ones self first is the natural thing to do for most of us...we are inately selfish!!! It takes thought, effort, courage, and in many cases...sacrifice to put yourself last. So Mrs. Janie......if you come back...I promise to throw myself in front of you and protect you instead of myself when we go through the house of horrors!! haha.....

No comments: