Wednesday, February 13, 2008

HAPPY VALENTINES!


Love is in the air! I love valentines....actually I love the whole month of February for 2 reasons...one because it means my birthday is only 1 month away and the second reason is I love all of the Valentines stuff. I love the pink and red hearts, the candy, the talk of love, the stuffed animals, the cards...I just love the coversations of love. We have a nearby Target that the parking is in a parking garage and the store is above the garage. You have to ride up an escalator to get into the store part....and as you go up, there are giant signs that look like the heart message candy hanging from the ceiling. Each time I see them it makes me smile. I pick out which one I want that day...for example they say things such as, hello luv, hello star, hello precious, hello cutie, hello cheeky, etc. Most of the time I pick "hello precious...." So I am just playing an imaginary game in my head that someone is saying that to me...haha. Anyway, each year I have been making Valentine cookies....I have so much fun doing it. Here are this years cookies:


I hope that you have such a wonderful Valentines and feel more loved than you ever have before! Happy Happy Heart Day!


......................................................................................................................................................................

BABY BLUES (THE RESTURANT)
Last Weekend Ryan and I met his boss and his bosses wife at their home in Venice, California (just north of us about 15 minutes). We went to a Bar-B-Q resturant that Ryan has been wanting to go to for a while. It was called Baby Blues....and I must admit, it was very good. My favorite part was the dessert ....banana pudding...the best I'd ever had! I also was a tad bit offended...well okay, not really offended, but I thought it was funny. You see, it was a hole in the wall place...but the servers were I believe intended to look southern. They all had on jeans and sloppy big white shirts (like a big undershirt)...and a john deere cap. And the girls hair was horrible messy ( I am not sure if that was part of the southern attire or just her). Anyway, I overheard our waitress explaining to someone else that the attire was "white trash." I mean....seriously...just because you are from the south and eat bbq doesn't mean you are white trash...or dress like it. Anyway, I am rambling now and have a ton that I need to be doing so, this is for me today.

No comments: