Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Fourth of July in Hermosa Beach PART II !!!!!!!

Our fourth of July got even more exciting....so exciting that I just had to share it with you. We ate our steaks and they were fantastic (thanks to my grill master husband). Then we were gonna head back to the beach for an evening of fireworks and dessert. We changed into warm clothes (cause it is cold on the beach at night) and I put on my "Modest is Hottest" shirt. I even told Ryan walking down to the beach that I felt really out of place with this shirt on...walking into a war zone of immodesty. Anyway...so we go down...its not dark yet...and we see ambulances and cop cars all down the strand...I wanted to go see what it was all about....and eventually Ryan agreed to go check it out. We discovered a very tragic scene. A guy (we assume a very drunk guy) jumped, fell, or was pushed off of the roof of a three story house. He landed on concrete and was severely injured....but still alive (apparently the guy's feet were moving). By the time we had arrived on the scene...cops were taking statements, taking photos of blood and evidence....but most of the blood had already been washed up...and the guy was on his way to the hospital. But....guess what...the evening gets even more exciting! Wait...that part I just told you was not exciting...eventful may be the better word....anyway.... As we are standing viewing the scene, I noticed a group of people (4 of them) digging in the sand...searching for something. Ryan and I left the scene...and then it hit me....I felt something saying "STACEY GO BACK AND HELP THEM." So, I told Ryan and we went back. A guy who had been married for a year had lost his wedding ring and they were excited to have more help to look for it. As we were digging one of the girls looked at me and said "Do you have on a modest is hottest shirt?" I looked up and said..."Yes"....and she was like "That is awesome." So, they asked if we were believers and we excitedly said yes and found out that they were also. So...we continued digging and found out this couple is moving right down the road and they have had a hard time getting connected with other young couples, etc. Well....as we talk, and we were all praying to ourselves that we'd find the ring...cause it was getting dark....lo and behold...Ryan finds the ring!!!!!!!!!! We all clapped and yelled with joy!

This was such a God thing....and here is the neatest thing. Had that guy not jumped/fallen..whatever off of the roof, we would have never seen these people, met them, and Ryan would not have found the wedding band. Now, I hate that this guy was so badly hurt...but I discovered that you know how we Christians say something good comes out of every situation....well this showed me that sometimes the good that comes out of it may have nothing to do with us. The guy that fell off of the roof...and the people close to him may wonder why that happened...what good could ever come out of it, etc. They will never know that because of that a wedding band was found and a friendship was made (sounds like minor good compared to what happened but we know it was God)!!!

But...anyway...what an eventful evening...more happened...fireworks were great....it was fun...but pray for that guy!

No comments: