Student: Mrs. Webb, I had a cat and he lost his balance. Then we had to take him to the vet and now he is a ghost that guards my room at night.
Me: Humm..so the cat died?
Student: No! He just lost his balance and now he's a ghost. He's not a bad ghost but a good one.
Me: Well, thank goodness!
The same kiddo told me later that his father could see the future and could come perform for the class. This kid is a real character!
Feel free to check out our class website at http://www.myteacherpages.com/webpages/StaceyWebb/
I'M A LITTLE HOMESICK...
Sometimes it hits me like a little hunger pain, other times it knocks the breath right out of me when I am least expecting it. Random things cause it to happen and I am not sure what caused it this time, but I am feeling a little homesick. Maybe it's because it's Fall...my favorite time of year. I am flooded with memories of cheerleading and high school football games. I am reminded of cool mornings and getting out my sweaters and long sleeve shirts. The ranch is beautiful this time of year...and I miss being there. Maybe it's because my whole family will be at home this weekend for the special Riverdale Cattle Sale...and I'm so far away. Or maybe it has to do with the fact that my sweet Aunt Nell just passed away today reminding me of how much I love my family. On top of that as I sit on my floor writing this, there is a movie playing on the television in front of me that I only ever watch while going to sleep in my room back home, Facing the Giants. Usually when I watch this I am in my comfy king sized bed with the door cracked open so that I can look out and see my mom and dad's door open just down the hall. Whatever is causing, it hurts a little. There are days when I love being in California, when I am so glad I'm here and not there....but today is not one of those days. I've written in my blog before about the things I love about California...the reasons why this is such a great place to live. But this evening, since my heart is in Mississippi....I'll tell you my favorite things about going home.
1. I love the excitement that builds up inside me as I walk through the Jackson airport knowing that in a matter of minutes I will be able to embrace my Daddy and Mama.
2. I love all of the embraces between myself and my parents. They are many!!
3.I love turning on to Huckleberry Rd...aka "The Gravel Road" and knowing I'm about to see the most beautiful place on earth, Riverdale Ranch.
4. I love the trees, the grass, the leaves, the cattle.
5. I love my mama's pantry...and all the good food that's in there!
6. I love waking up and kissing my parents good morning.
7. I love seeing my nephews and Donna and Robbie.
8. I love going to Dirt Cheap in Kosciusko and running into old friends while there.
9. I love going to Howell and Heggie the local drug store/ gift shop and talking about things with the friends I find inside.
10. I love the porch swing on my parents back porch...not when I am out there alone, but when one of my nephews or family members is out there with me.
We won't go home again until Thanksgiving....and I cannot wait. I have been so blessed with an amazing family who loves me and loves the Lord. I just wish I were with them right now!